Winnie-the-Pooh has always been a favorite character of mine, and he certainly has remained one of the most delightful children’s literary characters (along with Piglet, of course!) A.A. Milne, the author, is quite fascinating: check out my background on his writing and other Pooh links. His writing had such a distinct and poignant style; here are 10 of my favorite charming quotes from him:
1. “If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day so I never have to live without you.”
2. “How lucky I am to have something that makes saying goodbye so hard.”
3. “I think we dream so we don’t have to be apart for so long. If we’re in each other’s dreams, we can be together all the time.”
4.“It is more fun to talk with someone who doesn’t use long, difficult words but rather short, easy words like “What about lunch?”
5.“If the person you are talking to doesn’t appear to be listening, be patient. It may simply be that he has a small piece of fluff in his ear.”
6.“Piglet noticed that even though he had a Very Small Heart, it could hold a rather large amount of Gratitude.”
7.“Nobody can be uncheered with a balloon.”
8.“As soon as I saw you, I knew a grand adventure was about to happen.”
Check out this fun Winnie-the-Pooh t-shirt from our store; it’s perfect for the spring!
9. “We’ll be Friends Forever, won’t we, Pooh?’ asked Piglet. Even longer,’ Pooh answered.”
10. “What day is it?” asked Pooh. “It’s today,” squeaked Piglet. “My favorite day,” said Pooh.